National Environment Trust Fund (NETFUND) is a State Corporation established by the Environmental Management and Coordination Act of 1999. Our mandate is “To facilitate research intended to further the requirements of environmental management, capacity building, environmental awards, environmental publications, scholarships and grants”. NETFUND’s vision is “Sustainable financing available for environmental management in Kenya”. Our mission is “To mobilize, manage and avail resources for; environmental awards, capacity building, research and publications, scholarships and grants in Kenya.”
As a Fund, they provide a platform for environmental conservationists and funding agents to converse and share bankable ideas. Through our unmatched convening power, we coordinate environmental sector players and create synergy to deliver well researched initiatives competently for effective environmental management in Kenya.
Who can apply for funding?
- Women and youth groups
- Small and medium enterprises
- Academic institutions
- Community based organizations
NETFUND Focus Areas
- Agri- business
- Waste Manager
- Environmental Research
Before you submit a proposal, ensure that:
- The proposal fulfils the conditions as set out in the call for proposal
- All requested information is provided in the correct format as stipulated in the call for proposal.
- Adherence to the eligibility criteria as per the issued call for proposal.
- Alignment of impact program priorities and strategies specified in the issued call for proposal
- Attachment of all supporting documents as requested through the specific Call for proposal