2019/2020 Youth Agri Enterprise Awards –
A program to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the agri industry in Kenya.
The Youth Agri Enterprise Awards (YAE Awards) will celebrate and award achievements of Kenya’s top rural youth led and managed agri based micro-enterprises from all parts of Kenya in a showcase of enterprise, innovation and ambition at county level.
These innovative agri based businesses must be led by a youth(s) under the age of 30 years, who are serious about their ambition, who are taking real risks and making real sacrifices to achieve success, and they are making a huge contribution to their local communities and to the economy at large.
The Awards Program objectives and Schedule
*To ultimately inspire young people to receive key technical and financial support in order develop key aptitudes and attitudes that they cannot learn from a textbook or traditional academic curriculum, with an aim to transform traditional rural agriculture into sustainable and profitable agri enterprises.
* To provide a wealth of practical ways that will act as catalysts and help youths to view agriculture as a business that can be run with excitement and creation of wealth.
*To ensure the sustainability of the supported projects and to answer key long term questions that will ensure that the program brings out the best
- Application process is open between 1st Oct- 31st Dec 2019.
- Application screening is between 1st Jan- 30th April 2020.
- Award Declaration for top 3 finalists from each county to be done in May 2020.
- Award Declaration for top 3 finalists in Kenya to be done in July 2020.
- USD 15,000/= worth of technical and financial support for the top three finalists in Kenya
- Training, market linkages and product development support for all the finalists in all the counties
- for more information log in to https://youthagrienterprise.co.ke/youth-agri-enterprise-awards/